

This is the question I asked myself as I prepared for our overnight camping trip in the mountains. I knew that every bit of clothing and all blankets would have to be washed when I returned. Our four man tent was going to be squishy for our six person family. I wouldn't get a good night sleep because I was trying to share my sleeping bag with a wiggly one year old who I wanted to keep warm. And we didn't have reservations for a campsite on Labor Day Weekend.

It only took a second once the van opened up at our campsite at Horsethief Reservoir to realize, yes it really was all worth it! Brooke and Aubrey headed into the woods to find wood and Leah began to wander( her favorite activity is to runaway from Mom as fast as she can!!) And Hailey is quite content just sitting in her camp chair trying to stay clean. Friday evening we wandered around the lake, went fishing, enjoyed a rip snortin fire, and heard Dad tell his favorite Dread Pirate Pay stories. Saturday morning there was more exploring, Brooke & Aubrey playing with their new friends, and then off to Lake Cascade to enjoy the beach. (Of course after Justin stopped at a few garage sales!) The girls spent about two hours playing in the sand, making a sand pool, building what Leah destroyed, and enjoying the great Idaho sunshine. We came back hungry, dirty, a little sore (I still can't move my head all the way to the right!), and very, very happy!
2 comments:
You guys are SO cute! It looks like a beautiful campsite from your pictures. That lake is amazing! I still think that Idaho has some of the most beautiful places on earth. I'll always remember my trip our there - hanging out with your fam. Good times!!
Ah!! It looks like it was worth the 'fuss'!! (It's so beautiful!)
Post a Comment