Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy First Day of School


Brooke and Aubrey had their first day of school and were so excited. Aubrey made a paper chain about three weeks ago to count down the days to kindergarten and had a great first day. No tears, just a quick hug and into the classroom. Brooke was anxious to get back to school and see all of her friends.
In between all the "Meet the Teacher" and the filming of the first day of school was a trip to the hand specialist for Justin. Last night he was helping our friend Nathan who is paralyzed site in his new crossbow. Somehow while Justin was mounting the bow onto Nathan's wheelchair, the release went off and took off the end of Justin's right thumb. Justin would probably post a picture for you, but if you are like me you would rather not see it!! (If you really are curious I'm sure he would love to email you the pictures and give you a more detailed story!) Thank goodness our friends live close to the hospital so we were able to get to the hospital within minutes. They found the thumb piece (gross, huh!) and brought it in a plastic cup, but the doctor said they couldn't reattach it. We had a nice five hour visit in the ER and got home after one to get ready for the big back to school day! So, Justin is now scheduled for surgery on Friday. The surgeon is optomistic that his thumb will look somewhat normal in a few months when the fingernail grows back. I'm just glad it happenned here and not in the middle of the desert this weekend antelope hunting. And thank goodness it only took off a part of the thumb. The bow is so strong it probably would have taken off anything in it's path!
Hopefully tommorrow will be a nice calm day!

2 comments:

The Breckons said...

LYNETTIE!!!!!!!! I had no idea you had a blog! Angie left me a comment, which led to YOU! I miss seeing you! I feel bad that we didn't get together the last few weeks we were in town ... life was incredibly CRAZY! So sorry to hear about Justin's thumb! Who is your hand surgeon? By any chance is it Kloss? Hope you have recovered from all the "fun" and the first day of school! Email me soon -- breckonjse@yahoo.com

Jesika said...

Lynette! Hey, this is Jesika Weinberg from Peoria 2nd/Oakwood ward! How are you doing?!!? Crazy I found your blog, huh! (Yes, I was totally blog surfing! ha) Your family is beautiful! 4 girls!!! Fun times! :o) I've got 3 boys and 2 girls! My blog is gardneradventure.blogspot.com. Have a great day!