Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Real Reason for Trophies

So last week I finally went through some of my old teacher boxes to clear the attic. (I am guessing so Justin can fill it with more of his outdoorsy gear) As, the girls were helping me unload the boxes they came upon a trophy I got about ten years ago. It is a very large trophy for a very small event. My girls were in complete awe. "You won this Mom!" "You got a trophy Mom" "Wow!", "I can't believe you won a trophy!" on and on. So, then Brooke asked if she could put it in the house. Sure. I come in later to find it proudly displayed above the kitchen cabinets. So I have come to the conclusion that the real reason for trophies is to show your kids that you were once pretty cool and athletic. Now, I don't think I am that old and still consider myself in shape, but I am starting to see the true value in trophies!!

2 comments:

Camille and Mike said...

What.... no picture!

Tendra said...

We think you are cool even without a trophy! And I love the family picture.