Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Happennins

It's hard to believe Halloween has come and gone. The girls had Halloween off from school (now there's smart teachers!!) So, we spent the morning carving our pumpkins. A little late, but we did get them done! It is funny how many times my little girls personalities come out when we are doing projects like this. Since Justin was at work, I did the carving and cutting and the girls did the designing and scooping. Hailey was so excited for me to cut her pumpkin open so that we could clean it out and start on her face. As soon as I lifted the "lid" she looked inside and said, "Gross! Mom you can clean it out I am going to watch my movie!" Then, I'm carving Aubrey's pumpkin and the eyes aren't looking the same. "Aubrey, do you want me to make this eye bigger to match?" "No, Mom. That looks great! Thanks!" Then, comes Brooke. She has already drawn her face with a pen. I start carving. She keeps checking on me to make sure it looks right. I cut one eye out and she puts it over to the other side to make sure the face will be "symmetrical". They each come with their own personality! P.S. Aubrey and Brooke were kind enough to clean out Hailey's pumpkin for her.

So here are our Trick or Treaters: You can see that Leah very quickly realized what Halloween was all about. By about the third house she knew to hop out of the stroller, knock on the door, say "Hoween" and grab as much candy as the person would allow. She was a die hard and trick or treated with the big kids all evening!



The Giraffe who hated to wear her hood, but she was so stinkin cute when she wore it!

Our Cinderella. There were a "few" tears over little costume details and she learned what "your mascara is running" means. She would cry and I would have to fix her makeup and tried to calm her down. Five minutes later the tears started up again and the reapplying of makeup continued!! But she is a very pretty Cinderella!

Our cute witch! I have a problem with ugly witches so she is our beautiful witch!

And our Sacajewa. She even had the privilege of wearing a feather from one of her dad's hunts.

Do you notice that none of them are wearing ski parkas, gloves, and scarves. You can actually see their costumes!! It was a beautiful, warm Halloween. The first nice Halloween since I have lived here! Yeah!

2 comments:

Jas and Mandy said...

Love these pics Lynette! Although I have to admit it's kinda strange seeing our little Hailey in makeup!She Looks so grown up. It looks like the girls had a fun halloween.

Ginger and Gregg said...

I love their costumes. Where did you find the giraffe costume? Very cute.