I was doing great when Cody was about 2 weeks and then
WHAM!
School started

A minor surgery! (It's kind of been the never ending pregnancy.)
Laundry!
The stomach flu went through the family. Of course I got it while Justin was on the annual Men's Hike in Stanley.

Laundry! Oops did I already mention that. Justin's truck dies! (The engine is ruined. Just a minor problem)
Hunting Season begins. Justin is trying to be real good this year!

Keeping up with the homework, piano, reading, shopping, and the house. And the laundry! (Did I say that again!)
Then, there are the things that you can't see. The things that really matter. Am I paying enough attention to Leah? Am I reading enough with Hailey? Is Aubrey adjusting well enough to the new school? How is Brooke really doing?
As you can see I was a feeling a little overwhelmed! I remember my mom telling me a story about when she was sitting by Sister Clark in RS. I grew up with the Clark family in Arizona. And I think Sister Clark is about the sweetest lady I had ever met. Her husband was the Bishop during my HS years and they had 7 children, 5 boys and 2 girls. Well, they were sitting next to each other when another lady said to Sister Clark, "You are so lucky to have wonderful children!" After the lady left, Sister Clark leaned over to my mom and said, "I don't remember any luck, just a lot of hard work!" So, there you have it! It takes work!

Well, it's taking some adjustements and work, but I think I am back to "normal". Thank goodness Cody is starting to sleep until 4:30!! Yeah!! Ginger had a fantastic idea to deep clean each other's homes for an hour once a week. So, I don't have to feel guilty about the dirt in the window sills and the fingerprints on my walls. The girls are finally in a morning routine! We sold Justin's truck "as is". (Now on to the new adventure of purchasing another!) And the laundry, well it's still there!
2 comments:
Luck or Hard work. Whatever you're doing, I'm amazed! :) Hopefully a girls weekend will help with the chaos!
Love the post! You have made me feel normal! One day it will be great to really catch up with each other. I thought of you as we drove through Boise in the middle of the night-you had a 1 week old! David is starting a new job next week so moving out west isn't happening in the near future! Life is quite an adventure! :)
Post a Comment