We had a snow storm last weekend. The girls were so excited even though there wasn't enough to stick, there was enough to scream and run in the backyard! Sorry, it's a bad picture because I didn't want to go out myself!

We met Ginger and Gregg for our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. It was so fun to wander and find just the right one!





This year I have started taking family and senior photos and am having a blast. I have finally found a hobby equal in expense to Justins! You need a new gun, great I would really like the new Nikon D90. A new scope? Well, I would really like a nicer lense. You really need a new backpack? Perfect, I am in need of a decent camera bag. You have to go to Alaska or Canada to get a caribou. Well, I have to go tropical to get great beach pictures and Arizona to get..... a picture of a cactus (and thaw out in the middle of February!) It keeps me happy shooting and editing photos while he's off wandering around in the woods. This is one I took of cute Cash, Ginger's little one.

Fall brings the hunting season and my "hunting widow" season. And for those of you who's husbands don't hunt will think either I am a fantastic story teller or have lost it with four kids. Those of you whose husbands are obsessed with the hunting thing will either laugh or cry because it sounds all too familiar. He hasn't been hunting "a lot".(He reminds me.) But it's the deer hair in the washer that I found after he washed the game bag. (For those outsiders, that is what you put a dead deer in! Lovely, eh!!) Then, there's the antelope skull right outside the garage door. Which makes the most lovely smell as you can imagine. And the skunk smell still lingering in our garage from the dead skunk he kept at our house and skinned on the back porch. Yes, it is legal to kill skunk. And no, it is not normal to skin the animal in your subdivision. I had one of my young women tell me that her family drove around the neighborhood trying to find the source of the smell after 3 days!! Most of our neighbors find our household quite amusing. I would post a picture that I took but I think I will already be in trouble when Justin reads this blog!!
We have enjoyed walking in our subdivision raking and playing in the leaves.


Other than that we are keeping busy with school, our callings, having fun and being a family of six!!
4 comments:
If Justin is mad about your post, go ahead and remind how patient and loving you are a-l-l of the time! I'm amazed by your patience - a great example to follow! Love the pumpkin shots!
Oh Lynettie!! How I laughed! I just love this post ... and give Brooke & Justin a big squeeze for me for bugging you about the blog! I LOVE to look at it and see your family! Absolutely love the skunk story ... please, post the picture!! Cause now I'm dying to see it!!
Love the pumpkin patch pics Lynette! I completely agree with Angie, Justin is very lucky to have someone as patient as you are!
Hey, it really is Sarah dispit what the name says! I have entered the blogging sphere! Love the fall pics! Your girls are cute! I don't have a husband who hunts but he is the one with the expensive photography business/needs!! :)
Post a Comment